Home » Self Assessment

Self Assessment

Throughout this semester in this class it was fun seeing myself in the development and writing especially in my own way instead of being super formal. The essays that I have written, Personal Narrative, Exploratory Research paper, Argumentative Essay showcased how slowly and slowly I was able to write for myself and improve as a writer. By the end of the semester we were to choose five goals from our syllabus. I would say these are what I best associated till the end of this class.

Develop Confidence as writer was one of the goals that I chose. I feel that as a writer I did develop in my writing. I was very nervous when writing feeling unsure, But with encouragement and noticing that I was holding myself back I developed and wrote what I wanted to write. Though I know that it is still something I struggle with.

Developing my strength and weaknesses. The Strength I grew was the voice in my writing but it was slow. As for my weakness I still tend to hold back from time to time, which I know I have to grow out of. But knowing what my weakness is a good start.

Developing an eye for a variety of rhetorical strategies to integrate that knowledge into their writing. I was able to take notice upon things I didn’t notice before, which I tried to show in my writing of me understanding the Rhetoric’s. Though I still tend to have difficulties and often get confused on how to integrate the rhetoric’s since I sometimes don’t understand and don’t know how to integrate it. Which shows that there is still somethings I need more development in.

Have fun while developing as a writer. I had fun because I was able to see my growth, see slowly how I developed and spoke freely in my writing. Noticing and seeing myself struggle to break the restrictions that I created within my writing, getting to work with others. Reading author’s work that were given in class had also made it intriguing and develop myself since those authors let loose in their works, which made me more confident in doing so as well.

Engage in a writing process that includes exploring ideas, considering multiple points of view, developing and supporting a thesis statement revising with the help of instructors, tutors, and peer feedback. I was able to see myself as a writer, who can grow and listening to others is part of it. I was very timid and scared in doing so, even so it was a good thing I did so because I was able to show what I was struggling with and get an idea of what exactly was it that I was missing. After doing so, I grew a sort of idea of my writing. Getting feedbacks from others was something I was actually something I was afraid of since I would always think very negative. But soon I had actually come to enjoy, since the are not negative feedbacks but things to improve on. I hope to keep such thought later in the future as I am still developing as writer instead of taking it negatively. Asking for assistance, was another issue I came across through while in this class. I rarely tend to ask for assistance but this class has helped me to ask for help, even if I get scared to ask. I was able to read and enjoy, expand my writing and strengthen it as well.

Writing in detail about myself I feel that as a writer I still have a long way to go. That there will be ups and downs to my writing but knowing were I’m at and learning how to express myself in my writing is a great start. I will continue to improve even if I hold myself back because the goal for my future self after taking this class is to talk freely through writing.